Written by Ariana Louis
Travelling on Long Flights
First rule if travelling on a long flight - try to get comfortable seats. Ask your travel agent for airlines that have good seats. I travelled to Asia a couple of years ago and was very glad to have listened to a friend's advice to book the most comfortable seats with better leg room. Even better, if you can afford business class. But since not everyone can, let's look at some ways to prepare for a long flight.
Tips on How to Prepare for Long Flights
If it is a long haul flight, chances are you will be staying longer so will need to plan how everything at home will be taken cared of. Also, you will need to plan what to bring for the long journey and your stay.
Here are some things to think about when planning for this.
1. Are all financial responsibilities settled before travelling?
2. Do you have enough money to take and access to it if you need more when travelling?
3. Make sure your bank knows that you are travelling and that you may use your credit card or debit card abroad so they know that they are legitimate transactions.
4. Secure your house/flat and have some automatic timers set up to turn lights on and off. You might want to think about having a local friend or family member check on the house and cars at least once while you are away.
5. Find an airline that has comfortable seats with some leg room.