Hello fellow travellers!
|Photo by Tumi
The same is true with the deals that we are posting as we get them. Deals and offers that will help you plan your trips, now and in the near future.....
If you want to share quality tips and deals with your fellow travellers, feel free to send an email to: fromatravellersdesk(at)gmail(dot)com.
This will be the third series of our Useful Travel Tips. Stay tuned!
Now that you have planned your trip and purchased a cheap airline ticket, here are better ideas on what to bring to keep your journey as smooth as possible.
Remember to bring small or travel sizes only.
What to Bring
- Bar of Soap
- Brush, Comb, Hair elastics
- Camera and Camera charger
- Carry-On Bag
- First-Aid kit; Bandaids, Antibiotic
cream, Scissors, Gauze
- Ginger Root for motion sickness
- Hand Sanitizer
- Healthy Snacks like Granola bars and
- Inflatable Travel Pillow
- Insect Repellent - if visiting remote
and forested areas
- Kleenex and Facial wipes
- Laptop with an Auto/Air Adapter
- Laundry plastic bag
- Liquid Make-Up
- Magazines, Book, Reading Materials
- Nasal spray and Ear Ache relief
- Pair of sunglasses
- Passport and Travel Documents
- Perfumed Cards and Strips found in
Magazines – put in your luggage
- Petroleum Jelly
- Prescriptions and Over the Counter
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Small Flashlight or Penlight
- Spare set of eye glasses
- Swiss Army Knife
- Toilet paper
- Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Dental floss,
- Traveller’s Cheques
- Voltage converter
- Water bottle – reusable
Now that you have better ideas on what to bring, you should not forget to consider what you should leave behind or what you should not pack in your carry-on bags.
Here are some important tips:
What NOT to Bring
- Leave valuable jewellery
at home; it only attracts attention
- Leave anything that
you cannot afford losing
- Pack sharp objects in
check-in bags. Never on you carry-on bags
- Pack sporting goods in check-in bags only.
The list of necessities will vary. Men pack less most of the time and they do not bring as many item as women does. How about you? What items do you have on your 'must-bring-on-a-trip' list that I may have not included here?
A blogger and a freelance writer based in Toronto. He shares the value of his travel experiences and discoveries with his friends and travellers. Share your passion, join and visit him. Send him a message if you will @ fromatravellersdesk(at)gmail.(dot)com.