4. Featured Traveller
(United States of America)
(United States of America)
Brooklyn, New York, USAMichael is a travel addict who loves exploring the world and finding great deals to get him to the places he visits. He loves learning about foreign cultures, interacting with locals, checking out architecture, seeing animals in their natural habitat, trying local foods and taking photos along the way!
He is an active person, always on the move. I am not surprised as he does like to run, workout, bike ride, watch baseball games....and travel.
To have a place to post his photos, talk about travel & travel deals, he created the blog MichaelWTravels http://michaelwtravels.blogspot.com/ to highlight the details of his journeys. To our fellow travellers, I have the pleasure of introducing a friend from Brooklyn, New York, Michael W.
And this is Michael's travel story.....
A little adventure is always fun when visiting new places. Things that I have done in some countries that I find exciting are....
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ~ Canopy tour in the Tijuaca Forest
- Auckland, New Zealand ~ Harbour Bridge Climb
- Waitomo, New Zealand ~ Caving trip to Tumu Tumu Toobing
- Auckland, New Zealand ~ Canyoning and Abseiling in the Waitakere Ranges
- El Valle de Anton, Panama ~ Canopy Adventure Zipline Tour
- False Bay, South Africa ~ Great White Shark Cage Diving
- Amazon River, Colombia ~ Piranha Fishing
- Bwindi Impenetrable Forest N.P., Uganda ~ Gorilla Trekking
- Jinja, Uganda ~ White Water Rafting on the White Nile
- Torres Del Paine N.P., Chile ~ Hiking in Chilean Patagonia
|Jumping in Petra JORDAN|
While away from home, it is nice to eat somewhere familiar. McDonalds' menus in each country vary which is pretty interesting. I was impressed with the Maori wood carving decoration in McDonalds-Rotorua, New Zealand.
|Traditional Hat in Vienna AUSTRIA|
When travelling, I always look for different experiences that I can have interacting with animals. It can be as simple as visiting a zoo, feeding a stray dog or taking a picture with someone's pet. There are a few things that really stand out....
- Sydney, Australia ~ Featherdale Wildlife Park. The highlight was getting to feed kangaroos, wallabies and emus
- Chiang-Mai, Thailand ~ The Elephant Conservation Centre. There is nothing like feeding an elephant or bathing one in a river. The money you spend here goes to a great cause - all of the elephants living here were rescued from various abusive conditions.
- Stellenbosch, South Africa ~ Cheetah Outreach - My wife and I got to interact with a king cheetah. What an amazing animal!
- Crystal River, Florida ~ The only place in the world where it is legal to swim with manatees. This was a unique and unforgettable experience
- African Safaris ~ Amazing experiences and wildlife spotting in Namibia, Kenya & Uganda
Snorkeling with Manatees in Florida USA
- Do your research ~ Don't buy a guidebook and assume you are prepared. Read travel tips online and post questions to travel forums
- Invest in a compressible pillow ~ Sleep is essential when travelling and you don't want an uncomfortable pillow in a hotel that will keep you awake all night
- Buy a couple of convertible, zip-off pants as it will save you room in your backpack and come handy for varying weather
- Remember, a trip is an investment in your time and money; have an idea of what you want to see and do to make your trip a success
|Hungarian Folk Ensemble - Budapest HUNGARY|
There you go fellow travellers! If you have not been to some countries mentioned above, visit MichaelW Travels. Make plans and get some tips, good deals, and interesting stories.
Are you a traveller who would like to share your travel story with our blog and our readers? Then, I'd love to hear from you!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured Traveller #1 Norman from Arizona USA
Featured Traveller #2 Macit from Istanbul TURKEY
Featured Traveller #3 Aida from Manila PHILIPPINES
Featured Traveller #5 Marie from Sydney AUSTRALIA
Featured Traveller #6 ChrisKo from Vienna AUSTRIA
Featured Traveller #7 Jeff from Winnipeg Manitoba CANADA
Featured Traveller #8 Noreen from Cologne GERMANY
Featured Traveller #9 Armie from Manila PHILIPPINES
Featured Traveller #10 Nelieta from Cordoba ARGENTINA
Featured Traveller #11 Bojo from Quezon City PHILIPPINES
Featured Traveller #12 Esmat from Kabul AGHANISTAN
Featured Traveller #13 Cris from Valenzuela City PHILIPPINES
Featured Traveller #14 Jeroen from Hoogeveen The NETHERLANDS
Featured Traveller #15 Angel from Iloilo City PHILIPPINES
Featured Traveller #16 Zara from Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA
Featured Traveller #17 Kwan from Bangkok THAILAND
Featured Traveller #18 Jørn Eriksson from Oslo NORWAY
Featured Traveller #19 Cecille from Glasgow SCOTLAND
Featured Traveller #20 Marysia from Warsaw POLAND
Featured Traveller #21 Sharon from Geneva SWITZERLAND
Featured Traveller #22 Wesam from Baghdad IRAQ
Featured Traveller #23 MoeAmine from Algiers ALGERIA
Featured Traveller #24 Ruxandra Ioana from Brussels BELGIUM
Featured Traveller #25 Darwin from Rizal PHILIPPINES
Featured Travellers #26 HiOporto from Oporto PORTUGAL
Featured Traveller #27 Drew from Seoul SOUTH KOREA
Featured Traveller #28 Steven from Lowestoft ENGLAND
Featured Traveller #29 Anje from Knysna SOUTH AFRICA
Featured Traveller #33 Antonis from Athens GREECE
Featured Traveller #34 Julio from California USA
Featured Traveller #35 Himanshu from New Delhi INDIA
Featured Traveller #36 Jessica from Oregon USA
Featured Traveller #37 Michael Angelo from Cavite PHILIPPINESFeatured Traveller #38 Omar from Casablanca MOROCCO
Featured Traveller #39 Keith from Singapore SINGAPORE
Featured Traveller #40 Kellen from Shanghai CHINA
Featured Traveller #41 Hanne from Cochabamba BOLIVIA
Watch for these blogs!
They all have been travelling for many years and I can guarantee that all of them have travel tips that all of us can learn and benefit from. I have to thank all other fellow travellers who have responded to my invite. I will definitely publish your stories as soon as I have completed the details.