There are important things to remember when you are going on a trip.
For frequent travellers, this is a routine and will serve as a reminder. For the benefit of you, our readers, who are starting to travel or first time travellers, make this checklist handy.
You will never go wrong if you do this assignment before stepping out of your home for a journey.
1. Clear answering machine and voice mail. This will leave no trace of your activities.
2. Empty refrigerator. Avoid spoiled food left in the fridge for longer3. Unplug appliances. It is best to unplug, if at all possible.
Bills & Payments4. Pay any outstanding bills. Do this to avoid overdue payments.
Documents5. Leave copy of itinerary and travel documents with reachable relative
6. Take out garbage and items for recycling
Keys7. Leave house key with relative or trusted neighbour
8. Lock all doors and windows
Lights & Other Electricals9. Put lights on timers
10. Turn down thermostats
Mails & Emails11. Arrange with post office to hold your mails while you are away
12. Stop all deliveries.
13. Set up auto email response
Pets & Plants14. Arrange for care of pets, yards, plants and other living things
Security15. Notify alarm company of your absence
16. Store valuables in a safe place
17. Shut off water
18. Walk through your home to check for anything you may have missed
There are other helpful travel tips I have compiled to help you out. Check it out.
If there are other important things to do before going on a trip that you did not see here, please send me a message. Let's share it with our fellow travellers.
A blogger and a Canada-based freelance writer. He shares the value of his travel experiences and discoveries with his friends and fellow travellers. Share your passion, join and visit him. Send a message @ fromatravellersdesk(at)gmail(dot)com.